Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Colorwork Challenge

While posting in and perusing the Sock Knitters Anonymous group that I've been participating in, one of the members mentioned that she wanted to learn to do colorwork.  I agreed with her and told her that I wanted to learn it as well.  I told her that we should challenge each other, come the beginning of the new year, to learn colorwork.  She accepted my challenge and suggested that we start a group on Ravelry.  I took it upon myself today to get a group set up.  It's called "The Colorwork Challenge".  I set it up, thinking that it would be me, her, and maybe a few other people.  Well, here I am at the end of the day looking at the group and it's got 42 members already! Wow, that was quick!

It looks like this is going to be a bigger experience than I initially anticipated.  But, I'm excited about that.  The more the merrier!  I'm really looking forward to learning a new aspect of knitting.  Some good ideas have already been offered up for projects to start out with.  And, we've been collecting a list of resources (website links, video links, books, etc) for our members to have access to.  I think this is going to be a lot of fun and hopefully a tremendous learning experience.  Not to mention, I'll be meeting people from all over the world.  There's already at least a half a dozen countries from around the world represented with the member of this group.  How awesome is that?!

Of course, as this thing progresses, there will be pictures to post, updates on progress and just random sharing of whatever comes to mind.  Time to get some sleep now.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment