Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mitt Alongs

My group on Ravelry, The Colorwork Challenge, is getting started with its first knit-along.  After changing my mind a couple of times, first on the project to do, then on the colors to use, I have finally settled with doing the Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang.  Everyone says it's a great starter project, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  The wife isn't too crazy about the colors, but I think they're great. So if she doesn't like the final product, then I'll give them to a good friend of ours who lives in Connecticut.  Surely she could use them up there.

I have to admit, that even though I have this pattern grouped in the "Advanced" section for projects for our members to choose from for this first KAL, it really isn't that difficult.  I've made it through the Italian tubular cast-on (twice, since I had to start over after deciding on a different yarn/color choice), the cuff, and one pattern repeat so far.  I haven't had any problems at all.  In fact, row by row, it's getting easier and easier to deal with the tension issues.

These seem like they're going to knit up pretty quick.  Which is good because I'm a very impatient person.  I need to see results, NOW!

I will post more progress as I make more.


fallep

No comments:

Post a Comment